Thursday, September 17, 2009

Rick Warren's Purpose Driven Life - Point-by-Point


Rick Warren’s book The Purpose Driven Life is a No. 1 bestseller in both Christian and secular markets. It and The Purpose Driven Church have sold millions of copies and at least two million people have participated in “40 Days of Purpose” campaigns. Warren is the senior pastor of Saddleback Community Church, a contemporary Southern Baptist mega-church in southern California. I attended a service in August 2003, and the “praise time” reminded me of a night club, with a long-haired “worship” leader, sensually attired women singers, pounding rock & roll, and swirling lights in the background.

Excerpts from The Purpose Driven Life
Warren’s book The Purpose Driven Life contains extensive documentation of his dangerous and unscriptural “judge not” ecumenical philosophy. On page 164, Warren says, “God warns us over and over not to criticize, compare, or judge each other…. Whenever I judge another believer, four things instantly happen: I lose fellowship with God, I expose my own pride, I set myself to be judged by God, and I harm the fellowship of the church.” (Read more)