I'm sure this recent earthquake in Japan has only added to their fervor.
The date-setting ministry is that of Harold Camping. He says that the rapture will be on May 21, 2011, and for unbelievers, judgment will occur. According to cult researcher David Stewart, he writes that:
Stewart, who I've found to be a reliable source of information, also says:"The most damning of Mr. Camping's listed teachings is that 'Michael is the Lord Jesus Christ' (The End of the Church Age … and After, p. 56). Harold Camping is a Jehovah's Witness in doctrine."
- Harold Camping proclaimed the Lord's return would be in 1994!
- Harold Camping now proclaims the world will come to an end on October 20, 2011!
- Harold Camping (Family Radio) has aired Mormon advertisements!
- Harold Camping taught that NO ONE was saved between 1988 through 1994!
- Harold Camping teaches that the church age ended in 1994!
- Harold Camping teaches that the Holy Spirit is NO LONGER working in the church!
- Harold Camping teaches that EVERY church in the world is apostate!