Friday, July 9, 2010

The Cult of Liberal Theology

Dr. Walter Martin, the author of Kingdom of the Cults, was helpful when I became aware that the Word of Faith was teaching false doctrine. This book describes blow-by-blow how the Word of Faith is mixing Truth with error.

One of the most abused Scriptures false teachers and cult followers use for protecting their leader is: "Touch not mine anointed" and "do my prophets no harm" (1 Chronicles 16:22; Psalm 105:15). When I began to expose many of the false teachings of Rick Warren, Brian McClaren, and the Word of Faith movement, I was reminded by a pastor that I should be careful, because God's anointed are untouchable in the eyes of the Lord. Well, you can tell how effective his words were.

Dr. Martin describes the danger of liberal theology in this clip, and places the blame on the pastor.


(YouTube link)
Not an endorsement of Walter Martin.