Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Is Michael W. Smith a Freemason?


I know I just made all of those who love Michael W. Smith say, "Oh no, say it ain't so!" I love his music also, but I also wonder why he has aligned himself with Billy Graham and his ecumenical nonsense.

Yesterday I had to do a lot of driving, and I listened to two of his CDs. Between the two of them, I never heard the word "Jesus Christ" once. I heard about breaking the chains, seeking the Son (sun), healing rain and a series of other songs, but never anything about Jesus. To be fair, I know he has two praise CDs, and I have not listened to those yet.

I found a website that claims they have evidence of his involvement in occult symbolism. You can weigh the evidence, then go listen to your CDs.

The back of Michael W. Smith's, The Big Picture, is Michael W. Smith spelled backwards. One of the first signs of satanism is writing backwards. Aliester Crowley, the guru of modern satanism (and mentor of many rock groups) taught in his magick handbook, Magick in Theory and Practice, for the occultist, ". . . let him learn to write backwards. . ."
". . .train himself to think BACKWARDS by external means, as set forth here following.
(a) Let him learn to write BACKWARDS. . .
(b) Let him learn to walk BACKWARDS. . .
(c) Let him. . . listen to phonograph records REVERSED
(d) Let him practice speaking BACKWARDS. . .
(e) Let him learn to read BACKWARDS. . ."
(Crowley, Aliester. Magick:Liber ABA, book four, 1994 Ordo Templi Orientis ediiton, p. 639)

 
The "M" in Michael and the "T" in Smith is part of the Runic (runic means secret) alphabet used in witchcraft and satanism! 

The Dictionary of Cults, Sects, Religions and the Occult, says of the "rune", "From the German word raumen, meaning 'secret' or 'mystery'. . . For witchcraft a rune is a magical chant. There are various rune alphabets used by occult groups." (Mather, George A. and Larry Nichols, The Dictionary of Cults, Sects, Religions and the Occult, p. 235)

Author and occult symbol researcher, Dr. Cathy Burns, was so alarmed by Michael W. Smith's use of the runes on his Big Picture album, she wrote Smith requesting an explanation. Here is her reply:
"When I wrote to Smith about this, his manager responded. He denied that the record contained runic characters, but he did tell me that if I wanted to know more about runes that I should check out my library for more information! He may not be fully endorsing the runes, but he certainly didn't try to warn me that runes were occultic symbols." (Dr. Cathy Burns, Masonic and Occult Symbols Illustrated, p. 288)

In the book, Web of Darkness, former satanist Sean Sellers says, "Runes are the oldest form of occult knowledge and magic . . . their use sets a person against God." (Sean Sellers, Web of Darkness, p. 72)

Read it and weep!
 This is the cover of his Christmas CD. Notice the runic M and T are in the picture below; the M in the stool and the T indicated by his arms. Need I say more.

(Source)
(More examples)