Lewin outlined his program with a 3-step formula:
1) Unfreezing minds: Questioning the old ways through facilitated dialogue, peer pressure, and group "experience" -- real or imagined.
2) Moving the students to the new level: Using cognitive dissonance (mental, moral and emotional confusion), peer pressure, and manipulated consensus to loyalties from the old ways and to the new.
3) Freezing group minds on the new level: The new views become the norm. They feel good! The old views become offensive as well as wrong!
In 1982, Prof. Benjamin Bloom, who is known as the “Father of Outcome-Based Education” and an internationally known behaviorist, defined “good teaching” as “challenging the students fixed beliefs and getting them to discuss issues.” Recorded in the documentary video titled "The Guiding Hand," the following techniques were used to mold minds:
1) Isolate students from traditional family values
2) Reinforce new liberal, anti-Christian values
3) Emphasize feeling-centered (affective, not cognitive) teaching
4) Shape a personal, all-inclusive spirituality
5) Instill the target beliefs - A 'new' social and political agenda
6) Build allegiance to the new community
Changing perspectives is key to global transformation. As Prof. Raymond Houghton, known for his NEA endorsed books on brainwashing wrote decades ago, you won't even “know that it [change] has happened.”
As compromise becomes the norm, it gradually takes hold in the Church. Blinded shepherds of God's flocks pursue the latest strategies for “success.” The steps are carefully written by behavior psychologists and are vital to their unbiblical mission:
1) Replace solid Biblical teaching with feel-good storytelling.
2) Reinvent our sovereign holy God as a permissive buddy who applauds your goodness.
3) Keep affirming God's love and understanding; forget His holy standard and judgment.
4) Trade Bible study (too didactic and divisive) for facilitated group dialogue.
5) Stress human deeds not God's doctrine.
6) Contextualize the gospel and emphasize unity in diversity.
7) Tolerate everything except old-fashioned parents and other obstacles to change.
What can we do?
✒Pray! For, as Jesus said, "...apart from Me you can do nothing." (John 15:5)
✒Prepare yourself. "Be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole Armor of God...." Eph. 6:10-11.
✒Equip your children to discern evil and resist compromise. "Do not be deceived...." 1 Cor. 15:33.
✒Trust God, not yourself. "O our God... we have no power against this great multitude that is coming against us; nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon You." 2 Chron. 20:12.
✒Inform and warn all who will listen. "I now send you, to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light..." Acts 26:17-18.
Based upon research by Berit Kjos. 
From the current issue of the Kindred Spirits Journal #49